Categorized | Phones

HTC Sensation plagued by touchscreen problems

comments

HTC-Sensation-plagued-by-touchscreen-problemsSo, you brought home your brand new HTC Sensation and took it out of the box with the intention to spend the rest of the evening playing with it. Gorgeous 4.3-inch qHD display, beautiful aluminum body, raw dual-core horsepower – you simply can’t get enough of it. Then a week later, you get out of bed only to realize that your shiny smartphone is having problems with its touchscreen display.

If your HTC Sensation is acting up as well, then welcome to the club. As a matter of fact, a lot of Sensation owners are reporting issues with their smartphone’s display, which becomes unresponsive after about a week of use and fails to register swipes most of the time. There is a pretty long thread over at XDA Developers (69 pages and counting) where the problem has been described thoroughly, yet a universal solution has yet to be arrived at. Some say that the device’s stock charger is to blame while others think that a build-up of static electricity causes all the troubles, but the thing is that nobody can tell for sure.

When users tried contacting HTC for advice, the company’s support team did not provide any kind of solution beyond performing a factory reset of the device, which doesn’t seem to do the trick. Reportedly, replacing the smartphone with a brand new unit does not help either as those who tried that were facing the same problems in only about a week’s time.

If you are an HTC Sensation owner yourself, drop a comment below and let us know whether your smartphone is affected as well. Spreading awareness of the problem might just be what it takes for HTC to come up with a solution in a timely manner.

Thanks, Mihai!

source: Android Police, XDA-Developers

Tags: ,

14 Responses to “HTC Sensation plagued by touchscreen problems”

1. killmycrew says:

Yes the issue happens to be every week and i take the battery out to fix the issue but I should’nt have to do that.

2. Mihai A says:

If anybody is having this problem, please sign in to this petition:

3. Mihai A says:

There is a temporary fix for this.
    Have a look here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1129272
    Just to summarize, use the phone until the battery dies, pull out the battery for a few minutes, put it all back and charge it fully. The most important think is NOT to play with the phone while is charging. Do this cycle two or three times and it should be ok.
    As long as you don’t use the phone while is charging the problem doesn’t come back. This worked for me and many others.

4. tsad says:

This is my second phone and it worked for 3 days and I have the same problem again its very frustrating and seems to be a waste of money for a cell phone.

5. Julian says:

Same problem over here, I hope HTC confirms that there are problems because in their reactions they keep saying that they are not aware of the problem. Secondly I hope they give us something to fix the problem. (software update for example)

6. AJ says:

Extremely frustrating – problem started approximately 1 month after purchase of phone.

7. Don says:

This is second Sensation I’ve had and this is acting up today. been solid but a lock up today forced me to pull the battery out to reset – been unresponsive ever since!

8. devin says:

Wtf this sucks this is my second phone and the same thing is happening everyone should just keep taking them back so they start losing enough money to take this problem seriously I spent five hundred expecting a great phone only to want to throw it out and go with a different brand. They need to fix this asap

9. Ali says:

I have the same problem here and i see no solution in any website or comment even though when you check HTC website … i wish HTC would acknowledge this issue and provide a solution very soon cause the matter is getting bigger and many of their customers will give up on them very soon ….

10. Frustrating says:

Let´s move to Samsung SII

11. Erock says:

its the cover causing the problem, bend the metal ground contact pin up a LITTLE so it makes contact with the cover and should solve the problem. I did one extra thing a small piece of aluminum foil fold it over a couple times and put it in between the cover and the contact just to make sure, MY PHONE WORKS GREAT NOW AND LOVE IT hope this helps

12. Muhammad Ehsan says:

after a week of purchase i am having this problem dont know wtf is this its completely sucking and some times m goona miss my important calls :(

13. slatiwonk says:

I can’t say that I have ever had this experience. I have owned my Sensation for almost a year and I love it. I use it with 4 active gmail accounts (2 gmail + 2 googleapps) with syncing calendars, phonebooks, etc. I pull over 10GB of data month. I once didn’t see Android as being a strong enterprise solution for me, but it far exceeds my expectations these days. I think issues like this are likely something one could address as a hardware or software load defect, by simply asking, what could be causing this? If the answer is, “I don’t know”, then one should call someone who does. Erock posted a simple fix and poof, all better.

14. Moeen says:

Here is the solution for HTC Sensation.

I m looking for same issue in Wildfire S. Any idea/help will be appreciated.